Saturday, February 28, 2009

catchin' up

I thought I should do a little catching up or clean-up if you will of previous posts that long to be updated.


Regarding goin' huntin', the total score was mama rose 2 v. mooses -2. I still have the traps set but no signs and no victims so I guess that is the end of that saga.


Weather in the Heartland this year seems to be as crazy as every other year. The temps get into the 50s by mid-week then the snow comes on Fridays. What's up with snow every Friday? Two weeks ago we missed the really big snow because we did not get the moist air from the Gulf as expected. If everything would have lined up as expected we would have had to measure the snow in feet not inches. We only got 7.5 inches that round. We were supposed to get more snow last Friday but I was on my way to the land of the creepy crawlies so I am not sure what it did here. Yesterday morning we had a thunderstorm complete with small hail then the snow started. We received about 4 to 5 inches of snow this time. It is beautiful after it snows. This is a picture that someone sent to one of the local TV stations. I am not sure this squirrel enjoys the weather as much as the cookie!

The adventure to the land of the creepy crawlies was great. I got to see my California kids. I did not see any of Raj's eight-legged friends but I did get to see a very cute little snail. I did not stand and watch him very long as I assumed he would soon be someone's dinner and I wanted no part of that!


I volunteered to get bumped for the second leg of my flight home. It was a tough decision but someone had to do it! My layover was in Houston so you can tell it was quite a sacrifice! Amber was a trooper; she drove an hour (with the children) just to spend an hour with me! It was great but a little crazy. I had to apologize to Jared for not being the grandparent that he really wanted to see. Sorry, I am not Grandpa!


I think that is enough housekeeping. Strange, I can hear Raj's voice in my head as I type "housekeeping". Sorry, inside joke though you are more than welcome to ask Raj about it the next time you talk to him.

1 comment:

  1. Look at all of the links! You're a blogging pro.

    Of course I would drive that far just for lunch...it was fun!

    The girls loved the picture of the squirrel.

    ReplyDelete