Wednesday, January 28, 2009

goin' huntin' part 2

Last night I was in the kitchen as one of our daring little four-legged friends ran from one side of the kitchen to the other and escaped under the dishwasher. It was not a very smart move on his part because I then knew exactly where to set a trap. I am smarter than our four-legged friends who were dumb enough to move into my house.

When I woke up this morning my dear sweet husband told me that I had a present waiting for me in the kitchen. I was so excited! Now, before you get all uptight and think that it should be the husband's job to take care of the present, I am the more experienced moose hunter so I will take care of my victims.

Andy asked what I planned to do with my victim. I am not sure what he thought I was going to do with the little guy but of course I threw my little victim out in the backyard. I have to help the food chain; something will eat the little guy (I hope).

I looked at the trap and thought it had enough bait (peanut butter) so I re-set it and put it back under the dishwasher. Sure enough, when we got home tonight the trap had been sprung but no victim. I quickly decided that I should have put more bait on the trap this morning. I added more peanut butter and re-set the trap. I may move more traps to the kitchen if this trend continues!

Joe, I think I might need some help stuffing holes with steel wool this summer!

So the score stands: Mama Rose 1 Mooses -1 with a tie for the one that got away (this time).

Stay tuned for the continuing saga of Mama Rose v Mooses!

No comments:

Post a Comment