Sunday, January 18, 2009

Technology!

It seems no matter how much I try to resist changes in technology I eventually give up and for the most part embrace the change. This blog is the latest example of me being tossed into "advancing technology".

I clearly remember stating (not very long ago, maybe 25 years or so) that I did not need a microwave. Because I am not a very patient person I am really glad that my husband did not listen to my protest.

The next leap of technology was our first computer. I learned to type (in high school) on a manual typewriter (look under A for antiques in the dictionary) but I did not know the first thing about computers. My computer genius a/k/a my husband told me I didn't need the manual that I would learn better if I would just start using it. Now I am high maintenance when it comes to computers. I want then to work right and to be fast.

Then came my next stand of not needing a cell phone. I do not need a cell phone; I can use pay phones (also under A for antiques in the dictionary). Who did I think I was kidding with that statement? My newest cell phone is not just a cell phone, very few are these days. My cell phone is also my PDA which I use to manage my busy social calendar, write memos to myself, and of course send/receive text messages!

I not only use text messaging but I am also on Facebook and now I am blogging. Who would have thought it possible? What's next? Maybe I should be careful with that question! Seriously, a big thank you goes out to my family who have painfully endured my advancement into modern technology.

My hope for this blog is that the writings posted here will be entertaining and maybe even thought provoking but above all not embarrassing to those who know me best.

3 comments:

  1. What is this world coming to?!?

    Could you please try to post more frequently than the boys? :)

    If you added internet to your plan, you could blog from your phone...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to the blog world! I don't know what Amber is talking about...not like she posts that often either! :)

    Wanna come play Farkle?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ashlee, I had the same thought about Amber's posts! I think she might be a little busy or something!

    I would love to come play Farkle!

    ReplyDelete