Saturday, January 24, 2009

goin' huntin'

I am doing something tonight that I have not done in over 22 years; I'm huntin' moose! Now I know the thought of mooses freak out a lot of women but it is better to hunt them instead of just screaming or doin' nothing about them.

In case you haven't figured out by now, I am not hunting the large four-legged variety with big antlers. We don't have those kind around these parts. No, I am hunting the small four-legged variety; you know, the ones with the long tail. Sometimes they are blind, some run up clocks, some get their tails whacked off by the farmer's wife. Ya' know, mooses; I mean mice.

For as much as I love collecting the ceramic variety of these little critters (I have lots of really cute ones) I do not want the living variety scampering around my house. I have long stated that if the creepy crawlies (bugs, spiders, centipedes, mice) want to stay alive they had better stay outside and not come in my house.

My dear sweet husband (Andy) was the first to see our unexpected house guest. I finally saw the little guy the other night and decided it was time to take action.

Our current house guest is not as friendly as the one we had in our apartment in Kansas City. The little guy down there would come out after the kids were in bed and watch us watching TV. He was quite sociable! Our new house guest is not at all sociable. I sure hope he likes peanut butter!

Stay tuned for the further adventures of "Mama Rose against the mooses". A sneak preview...the mice do not stand a chance!

1 comment: