Friday, July 17, 2009

help name my business

As promised, I am running a contest for all 'ya all to help me name my home business.

Some helpful information:

I sew. I make baby blankets and burp clothes. I make custom-made aprons that have 15 pockets. I have made everything from wedding dresses to winter coats to several quilt tops and everything in-between.

I crochet. I usually make baby afghans but have also made several full-sized afghans.

I cross-stitch. Do you have a favorite photo that you would like made into a cross-stitched picture for your wall? I can do that! Have you seen a cross-stitch pattern/kit that you wished you could make or have someone make it for you? I can do that!

I play with Rice Krispies! I have made two full-sized (3 feet tall/30 pounds) wedding cakes complete with a bride and groom all made from Rice Krispies treat mix (thank you Kelloggs and Kraft). I have also formed "sculptures" such as a giant music note (an 8th note if I remember correctly (thanks for helping with that one ber)), the U.S. Flag (2' x 3'), a United States map, a totem pole, and...well, you get the picture!

Sorry, "you're crazy" is not a good name for a business!

I am also going to let you help me decide what the prize should be for the winner. Post your ideas for the name and the prize in the comments section of this post. I will pick the top three in both categories then set up a formal vote. Spread the word; have your friends and their friends read this post. I value the opinions of my faithful five blog readers but I think this will be more fun if we can get more people involved.

I would like to get my business registered with the state by September 30, 2009 so I have to set a deadline for you to submit your ideas for this contest. The first phase of this contest will end at noon (CST) on Sunday July 26, 2009. You have one week; let the creative juices flow!

2 comments:

  1. Ravi's comment vanished like a puff of smoke overnight so here is his comment again: Stitches n Stuff--contest over. Those are Ravi's words. I think he is issuing a challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "The Mouse House"

    prize = pie

    that's all :)

    Amber

    ReplyDelete